Alright 2012, you’ve been good to me. While I had a blast, met amazing new people & reconnected with old friends, I can’t help but feel like this was a year of.. standstills. I can’t help but feel this year was lackluster goal wise, with the exception of the half marathon (HELL YEAH) and crossing off two things on the goal list (and a couple on the bucket list). I felt like I accomplished SO MUCH in 2011 when I first started this journey, and this year I just got too comfortable resting on those accomplishments.
Well no more.
I’m determined to reach more goals in 2013. More than 2011 and 2012 combined. I’m determined to get rid of the rest of this weight and continue getting healthier, day in and day out. I’ll be graduating college in just a matter of months and want to really finish up my time in SF actually doing all the things I always said I would do.
The tentative goals for 2013 are:
- Run the Color Run 5k (already signed up for it in March!)
- Try spin class (I have this irrational fear of not being in shape/strong enough/too heavy for spin class so I’ve avoided it. I used to have this same fear of running on a treadmill at the gym. So I’m going to say screw that and give it a go)
- Try yoga in Golden Gate Park (I always say I’m going to do it, but in my 4 years of living just blocks from the park, I have yet to. It needs to happen before graduation.)
- Do zumba more often (Another good thing I got out of this year was my love for zumba. I became addicted over the summer and unfortunately haven’t been able to do it at my school gym because of my schedule. I’m going to have a more flexible schedule this next semester, so I’d love to go to a class at least once a week.)
- Lift more (I’ve been stuck in the 180s for WAY TOO LONG now, and I think what will really help will be more lifting. I need to learn and try new free weight exercises, devote more time/days to lifting, and really focus on toning up while burning fat. Cardio can only take you so far.)
- Try Crossfit (I’m becoming increasingly more and more interested in it and there are often groupon deals for Crossfit studios in San Diego, so I’d like to try a trial run or something at it and see how I like it.)
- Take a pole dancing class (My friends and I always talk about trying it, and it still has not happened. I’m too intrigued to not try it. And it looks like a killer workout. I’m hoping to give it a go this summer.)
- Try Bar Method (I have friends who have been trying it and loving it, my old 4th grade teacher is a Bar Method instructor, and it would do wonders for my booty. So I have to try it. They usually have free week passes to try it out also.)
- Graduate at 155 pounds or below (It’s still my goal, even though I haven’t been losing as of late. I plan on changing that. It’s 30ish pounds in 4.5 months. I’ll get as damn close as I possibly can.)
- Make monthly goals (I used to be really good about this, so I want to start doing this again. It will also help me stick with these yearly goals.)
- Log into myfitnesspal for an entire year (This is a SUPER lofty goal, but no goal list would be complete without at least one right? I’m trying to get better about tracking my intake, so why not set the goal of tracking for 365 days? I’ve already knocked out 3 days in a row.)
- Be the first in my immediate family to graduate from a 4-year college (May 17th!)
- Land a job post-grad
- Cross more things off my bucket list
- Plan more trips
- Try more recipes and expand my cooking repertoire
- Turn 23 at a weight I’ve never been before in my teen or adult life (August 25th! I’ll determine the weight I’d like to be as I get lower and see what suits my body best. I’d love to be at a healthy weight by then and only have to maintain and tone/build muscle from then on)
Here’s to a healthy, happy, and wonderful new year :)